Whoopie Pie with Mascarpone Filling
- 2.8 oz (80 g) Granulated sugar
- 0.5 oz (15 g) Cocoa powder
- 3.7 oz (105 g) All-purpose flour
- 0.1 oz (3 g) Baking soda
- 0 oz (0.5 g) Salt
- 0.7 oz (20 g) Whole eggs
- 1.2 oz (35 g) Vegetable oil
- 0 oz (0.5 g) Vanilla extract
- 4.6 oz (130 g) Cream Cheese room temp.
- 0.1 oz (2 g) Peppermint extract
- 16.9 oz (480 g) Mascarpone, chilled
- 8 oz Whipped Cream
- 3 sheets of Gelatin soaked
- 7.9 oz (225 g) Sugar
- 0.1 oz (2 g) Vanilla extract
- 1.1 oz (30 g) Lemon juice
- 0.4 oz (10 g) Peppermint extract
- Green Food Color
1 Pre-heat the oven to 350° F (conventional oven).
2 Sift the sugar, cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and salt together. Whisk the Cream Cheese smooth smooth.
3 Whisk the egg, oil, vanilla, Cream Cheese, peppermint and dry ingredients together at top speed until smooth.
4 Using a #70 scoop, place approx. 20 heaps (á 0.5 oz), onto parchment lined sheet pans.
5 Bake in the hot oven for approx. 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool.
6 For the filling, whip the Heavy Cream firm, lightly whip the Mascarpone and sugar add the melted Gelatin and mix well until the required volume has been achieved, ensuring that the entire mixture is incorporated (including bottom and sides of bowl).
7 Add the vanilla, lemon juice, peppermint and coloring and whip for a further 30 seconds.
8 Sandwich 2 of the whoopie discs together with the filling to make 10 whoopie pies.